Our family loves sweet potatoes in all forms and fashions. We make sweet potato fries, sweet potato coins, mashed sweet potatoes, cubed sweet potatoes, baked sweet potatoes….you get the point. This morning I was looking for a new way to make sweet potatoes and WOW, did I come up with something spectacular.
Sweet Potato Cinnamon-Hashies!
Check out my super easy and super tasty recipe. Make sure you make a whole bunch of these, your family won’t be able to get enough!
Here’s what you need:
Sweet potatoes (I used 1 large sweet potato and that made 30 hashies) (And we ate them ALL!)
Oil (I prefer coconut oil)
Here’s what you do:
1. Shred your sweet potatoes
2. Combine 1 large handful of sweet potatoes with one egg white and 1 tbsp of cinnamon in a bowl.
3. Mix all ingredients together. You want all the sweet potatoes to be covered in egg whites but not “wet”. If they look a little too wet add in some more sweet potatoes. The main component here is the sweet potatoes, not the eggs. The eggs are just used as a delicious binder.
4. Heat a thin layer of oil in pan on medium heat.
5. Drop sweet potato mixture by tbsp-full into oil on and press down to flatten. Brown on each side for about 4 minutes each until they look this beautiful:
6. Continue to repeat these steps until you have made enough sweet potato cinnamon hashies to satisfy your tribe.
And that’s it! Super beyond easy and super incredibly delicious.
The outsides are crispy, the insides are soft, and the whole hashie radiates warm cinnamon.
You will love these. Your whole family will love these. And you will make them time and time again.
From our “Whole Family” to yours….
Latest posts by Whole Family Strong (see all)
- Preparing My Heart for Homeschooling - July 24, 2017
- 50 of Our Favorite Grain-Free Instant Pot Recipes + Giveaway - May 1, 2017
- The Beautiful, Hard, Christmas Season - December 5, 2016