My whole “grand” family completed their whole30 and did wonderfully.
Every day my mom came up with new, delicious whole30 approved meals and had a ball doing it.
Here is her much anticipated recipe for Bacon Wrapped Apple Chicken.
For 4 servings here’s what you need:
4 chicken breasts, beaten and thinned out
4 slices of bacon
1 apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
dehydrated red bell pepper flakes
Here’s what you do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lay out 1 chicken breast and sprinkle with spices.
3. Place slices of apple on chicken. Enough to cover chicken.
4. Roll/fold up chicken around apple slices.
5. Wrap 1 slice of bacon around rolled chicken.
6. Secure bacon with 4 toothpicks.
7. Season outside of chicken with spices.
8. Heat 1 tbsp of evoo in pan on medium/high heat.
9. Place chicken wrapped in bacon in hot skillet and brown on all sides for about 3 minutes per side.
10. Repeat with the other 3 chicken breasts.
11. Place chicken in baking pan, cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
Simple as that. Enjoy!
Note: A variation, as shown in the picture, is to fill the chicken with spinach instead of apples. Dee-lish!
From our Whole “Grand” Family to yours…….
Latest posts by Whole Family Strong (see all)
- Preparing My Heart for Homeschooling - July 24, 2017
- 50 of Our Favorite Grain-Free Instant Pot Recipes + Giveaway - May 1, 2017
- The Beautiful, Hard, Christmas Season - December 5, 2016