Our family’s favorite way of eating sweet potatoes is before you. Sweet Potato Coins!
My kids come running for these and can eat them in record time. I eat a good amount before they even hit the table. They’re crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, salty like potato chips and sooo good for you. They’re perfect! We eat them with hamburgers for lunch, with eggs at breakfast, by themselves as a snack, and anytime we can get away with eating our favorite food! And the good news is they’re beyond easy to make.
Here’s what you need:
Here’s what you do:
1. Slice sweet potatoes into thin coin shapes.
2. Heat about 2 tbsp oil in pan, enough to cover the bottom, over medium heat.
2. Put a layer of coins into oil, do not overload.
3. Fry coins for 1-2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
4. Remove from oil and put in large bowl, toss with salt and pepper.
5. Repeat this process, keeping a thin layer of oil in the pan, until you’ve made a whole bunch.
Change it up: Add a sprinkle of cinnamon on your sweet potato coins. Dee-lish!
From our Whole Family to yours……
Latest posts by Whole Family Strong (see all)
- Preparing My Heart for Homeschooling - July 24, 2017
- 50 of Our Favorite Grain-Free Instant Pot Recipes + Giveaway - May 1, 2017
- The Beautiful, Hard, Christmas Season - December 5, 2016