When I think of Thanksgiving I think of the food. I think of family too, but right behind family is the food. I can smell the cinnamon and nutmeg in the air. I can smell the pies being baked and I am at the Thanksgiving table once again. Yesterday was a day of thanks for us, not Thanksgiving, but a day of thanks and this dish fit right in.
Imagine sweet potato pie in a bowl. Ooooh yeah! My kids do not normally like mashed sweet potatoes or baked sweet potatoes but they liked this. We didn’t have to urge them to eat it at all, they devoured it gladly and raved about it. You’re going to want to try this side dish the next time you want a little Thanksgiving at your table.
Here’s what you need:
4 large sweet potaoes
6 tbsp coconut cream (The cream is the top thick part of canned coconut milk.)
2 tbsp cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg
1 cup chopped pecans
Here’s what you do:
1. Cut sweet potatoes into small cubes. (I keep the skin on, but go with what your family likes)
2. Boil, or microwave the cubes in a covered container with a tiny bit of water, until soft.
3. Drain and mash sweet potatoes until almost smooth.
4. Add in coconut cream, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir well.
5. Toss in pecans and lightly stir.
Makes about 6 cups.
From our Whole Family to yours…….
Latest posts by Whole Family Strong (see all)
- 50 of Our Favorite Grain-Free Instant Pot Recipes + Giveaway - May 1, 2017
- The Beautiful, Hard, Christmas Season - December 5, 2016
- Simple Summer Ideas - July 18, 2016