My oldest son, Jeremiah, is really into camping lately. For his 9th birthday he “camped” overnight with friends in our living room and had a blast. For breakfast I wanted to make a meal that could be something we would have brought along with us if we really were camping outdoors. Bring on pancake-stuffed-sausage-muffins!
As always, this is a super-easy and really fun recipe that the whole family with absolutely love.
For my pancake recipe I used this pumpkin pancake recipe but any pancake recipe will work wonderfully, even store-bought I’m sure. This recipe makes 12 muffins.
Here’s what you need:
All pancake ingredients
1 lb pork sausage
12 baking cups, preferably If You Care, as I have found they work the best.
Here’s what you do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown sausage in a skillet until fully cooked. Set aside.
3. Mix together pancake recipe. Set aside.
4. Line muffin pan with baking cups.
5. Place a couple pieces of sausage in each muffin cup.
6. Pour 2 large spoonfuls of pancake mix into each muffin cup.
7. Bake muffins for 25 minutes.
From our Whole Family to yours…….
Latest posts by Whole Family Strong (see all)
- Sisters Raising Sisters Blogiversary & Giveaway! - April 13, 2015
- Jesus Loves Me, This I Know - March 8, 2015
- What’s all the hype and how do we cope with it? Meal Plan. - May 18, 2014