My Sausage and Cabbage Delight is a perfectly light and flavorful meal. We have had this meal for breakfast, lunch and dinner and it has worked perfectly for each of these. You can keep it simple by only using cabbage and sausage or take it up a notch and add the carrots and onions. Totally up to you and great either way. Enjoy!
Here’s what you need:
1 head of cabbage, chopped into bite size pieces
4 large carrots, shredded
1 large onion, thinly sliced
2 packages smoked sausage (no msg), diced
2 tsp sage
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
Here’s what you do:
1. Heat wok (or any pan) with 2 tbsp coconut oil on med-high heat.
2. Brown sausage and stir for about 15 minutes. Set aside.
3. Heat onions in pan and stir for 5 minutes.
4. Add cabbage, carrots, and seasonings to pan.
5. Stir well and cover.
6. Cook for about 15 minutes until veggies are soft, stirring occasionally and keeping covered.
7. Add sausage back to pan and stir until combined.
Serve and enjoy!
Latest posts by Whole Family Strong (see all)
- Preparing My Heart for Homeschooling - July 24, 2017
- 50 of Our Favorite Grain-Free Instant Pot Recipes + Giveaway - May 1, 2017
- The Beautiful, Hard, Christmas Season - December 5, 2016