Like many of my recipes this is a super easy one that I almost feel silly laying out… but then I remember when I first started eating healthy and every molehill seemed like a mountain. I loved checking out even the easiest of recipes for inspiration and new ideas to share with the fam.
This is one of those easy meals and a favorite at our house. Last night we roasted these sausages on our fire pit instead of the normal bowl and fork way and let me tell you… so much better! However you choose to cook this meal, inside or outside, cook it!
Here’s what you need:
2 packages smoked sausage (minus the msg), sliced into rounds
2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
2 onions, thinly sliced
1 tbsp cumin
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
4 tbsp coconut oil, divided
Here’s what you do:
1. Brown sausage in 2 tbsp coconut oil until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
2. Brown onions and bell peppers in same pan with an additional 2 tbsp coconut oil for about 10 minutes.
3. Sprinkle onions and bell peppers with cumin, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Stir completely.
4. Add sausage back to pan and stir well.
Serve and enjoy!
Latest posts by Whole Family Strong (see all)
- 50 of Our Favorite Grain-Free Instant Pot Recipes + Giveaway - May 1, 2017
- The Beautiful, Hard, Christmas Season - December 5, 2016
- Simple Summer Ideas - July 18, 2016